Friday, March 1, 2013

...daffodils...


"Perfect Hope"

On my drive home tonight, the sun was just setting in brilliant opera. I passed a large yard with daffodils blooming. They were just starting to open, yellows and oranges--some whites. The sunset was just enough that they glowed! I slowed as I passed. I rolled down my window and I stole one deep breath of pure springtime. 

As a nurseryman, I sold literally tons of daffodil bulbs. They come in several different color combinations. I sold tulips, hyacinths, and snowdrops. What we didn't sell, we would plant up in pots of rich soil. They would be blooming right on schedule, enticing buyers to purchase on impulse. Planting daffodil bulbs is like mailing yourself a package to be delivered in the spring. 



...I will never have enough daffodils...

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more. Every year I buy the largest bag of daffodil bulbs I can afford, and I plant them. My goal is to have an entire lawn of daffodils some day. I <3 them!

    ReplyDelete