Saturday, January 3, 2015

Day three...Bailey Bulldog


"Bailey Bulldog"

So today, on the third day of the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge, I decided to finish something rather than paint something new. I have been working on this prismacolor pencil piece for a while, and it deserved some of my time.

I love the soft folds and the light and shadow patterns on his velvety fur. But that look in his eye is pure mischief. "You want me to what? You're kidding, right?"

It seems strange to me that I can have an idea in mind for a painting and carry it around with me for weeks or months or even years before I am ready to paint it. 

...all is well in FiddleSong Studio...






2 comments:

  1. Great Picture. Bailey looks like he's not real happy about being disturbed. Is he your pup?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bobbie, no, he was the beloved companion of some close friends. He had a large personality!

      Delete