Saturday, January 17, 2015

...day seventeen...

"Mountain Lion Study"--graphite

You probably know that I have had a close encounter with a mountain lion. In an effort to overcome my fear, I have read everything that I could about them. So now, instead of being afraid to get out of my car at night, I am constantly watching for them, hoping to catch a glimpse! 
I am committed to using only my own photo reference materials in my art work. So being able to photograph a lion has been on my radar for years. Today, I went to the Folsom Zoo. They have FOUR!!! I was so excited! 
This graphite study is in preparation for a major piece...can't wait to start. This female was watching the keepers feed the bears, you talk about razor focus....

...mountain lions avoid FiddleSong Farm....







No comments:

Post a Comment