Sunday, January 12, 2014

Tuscan Vegetable Soup

My friends and family really like this Tuscan Vegetable soup. I made this for the first time when my good friends Dawnia and Ruth were coming to visit. It was an invention of necessity, since I was forced to use ingredients that I had on hand.  Over the years, this recipe has changed a bit, to adjust to my changing dietary habits, but the flavor is still just as delicious, and healthier.  
Gluten and dairy free...


1 package Tuscan-style frozen veggies
1 package frozen artichoke hearts
1 can beans (I like cannellini or kidney)
I can diced tomatoes
1 onion chopped
minced garlic to taste
mushrooms, sliced
1 quart chicken broth (I bottled my own ;)
1 tablespoon Tuscan Salt (found at Andre's in Amador City --YUM!)


In my large crock pot, I pour in the chicken broth, add in the frozen veggies, the artichokes, the beans and tomatoes, and turn it on high. In a pan on the stove, I saute my onions and garlic and mushrooms until the onions are clear and start to caramelize, then I add them to the crock....and simmer until it smells so delicious you can't wait another minute!


This is hearty, satisfying and delicious served by itself. 
Or, serve it over a bowl of fresh pasta with Parmesan cheese grated over the top, with a fresh slice of Andrea's sourdough. 


...Tuscan Veggie Soup...served at FiddleSong Farm today...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment