Saturday, November 2, 2013

Autumn sunrise...

I didn't realize that it had been six weeks since I wrote in this blog. It seems like these weeks have been a blur...so much happening in my life. It really helps me keep things in perspective when I write, so I vow to be more consistent in my writings....


I saw the sunrise this morning. It was singularly colorful.  Pinks and bright yellows streaking across the sky, back lighting pines and oaks, ridge lines layers of intense golds and yellows. The light comes sparkling through branches, setting the leaves and needles aglow. 

As every morning that I am driving, I watch for the wild ones. The deer are gathering now. I often see large herds of does and fawns with their bucks. I see turkeys, too, and quail.  Fox, coyote, an occasional bobcat, and even more rarely, an elusive mountain lion.  

I feel God in the sunrise. It feels like a promise. 

...it feels like hope....

No comments:

Post a Comment