Saturday, September 14, 2013

Art ALL day....:)


"Fiddletown~ Chinese General Store"
First place--watermedia division
Stockton Art League

I left the house at 8:15 am. It was a beautiful, sunny, warm early autumn day. 

Today was a really fun and beneficial day! 
I hung out with artistic people, learned an interesting and beautiful new painting technique from Jeannie Vodden. At my lunch break, instead of buying food, I explored University Art, bought some new art supplies including some watercolor pencils and a 
VERY sexy new brush. 
There is food, then there is food for the soul. Today, I needed soul food.

After the workshop, I headed my Tacoma down Hwy 99 to Stockton. I arrived at the Goodwin Gallery at about 5:15...just in time for the awards presentation. I visited with my good friends Judy Day and Melissa Doyel and her husband Michael, received my first place award and my check, met some more nice and very talented people.  Got BACK in my trusty Tacoma, and headed back to Amador County. HOME sweet home. 

...the air just smells right...

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean about food for the soul...Mine is found in quilt shops and shows. Love you and your art!

    ReplyDelete