Monday, July 11, 2011

Day Lily days


With all the late spring rains, my garden is exploding with color! I have planted several varieties of day lilies over the years and just LOVE their clusters of huge, bright blooms.  Now, I have to find other places to plant them out in the yard. Problem is, if Lucy has access they will be cool, comfy cushions for her big pig butt.
My next problem to solve is how to cut down on watering waste and time.  Rick says he has enough old hoses to "reach to Fiddletown" so I aim to fashion those old leakies into a sturdy soaker sytem by laying out the hoses and punching holes in the places where I need the water to leak :) THEN Rick will hook them up to the automatic timers and we'll be in the money!

2 comments:

  1. LOL! Lucy's big pig butt!
    Beautiful flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy your posts and pics! Hope all is well...

    Blessings,
    Dianne

    www.mysouthernheart.com
    www.campbellkidsfarm.com

    ReplyDelete